Water is a natural resource. In our country, we generally have the opportunity to dispose easily. We tend to forget that this is not the case for everyone … Once the genesis of poolse, we directed our efforts to preserve this resource.
This is an economic but also ecological reason.
Poolse’s intelligence optimizes watering using many parameters and checking forecasts afterwards.
In the example below we compare a traditional watering programming with “poolse auto” solution
We established this comparison for the year 2015.
- Location: Avignon
- 5380 square feet of lawn watered through sprinkler sprays
- 165 ft shrub hedge, 2 palm trees and 100 square feet flowerbeds watered by spot watering
- The 165 feet shrub edge (63 shrubs) and the two palm trees are on a first zone.
- 1 GPH Drip Emitter on each shrub and 2 GPH Drip Emitter on palm trees.
- The 100 Square feet flowerbeds is watering with 20 spot watering emitters (1 GPH) – Second Zone.
- The lawn is divided into 4 equal-sized areas. Each areas is watered with the equivalent of 4 sprinkler sprays with a flow rate of 105 GPH each, for a 16 feet radius – Zone 3, 4, 5, 6.
Traditional programmer settings:
- The durations have been defined to achieve the nominal quantity of water during the hottest summer time
- For the periods before and after, a decreased watering duration was defined gradually
|Periods||# of departures per night||Lawn||Hedge and palm trees||Flowerbeds|
|May 15th to 31st||1||10 min/day||22 min/day||14 min/day|
|June 1st to 30th||2||20 min/day||45 min/day||27 min/day|
|July 1st to 15th||3||30 min/day||59 min/day||32 min/day|
|July 16th to 31st||3||45 min/day||67 min/day||41 min/day|
|August 1st to 15th||3||30 min/day||59 min/day||32 min/day|
|August 16th to 31st||2||20 min/day||45 min/day||27 min/day|
|September 1st to 30th||1||10 min/day||22 min/day||14 min/day|
Comparison of water use:
Total Quantity of water during period (Gallon)
|hedge et palm trees|
|hedge and palm trees|
Total Quantity Year 2015:
|without poolse||with poolse|
|58943 Gallon||41817 Gallon|
The poolse intelligence adapts to most just need watering. From one year to another, the periods are not necessarily the same.
Water saving : 17126 Gallon (64.82 cubic meters)
For the city of Avignon, water price is 2,73 €/m3 (source: www.tarifdeleau.fr – 2014)
This means saving 177€ and a more beautiful garden!